New stock - a series of charts
Charts available in: A2 or A1 size, individual or as a set. Teaching resources
- Body parts.
- Items of four (seasons, directions etc).
- Numbers 1 to 10
Welcome to Learning Wiradjuri Language
This site has been developed to compliment the lifes work of Uncle Dr Stan Grant with linguistic support from Dr John Rudder. The resources you will find here are designed to expand on and to compliment existing resources (books, DVD's, and apps).
Gulbarra Wiradjuri yabunygirryarra.
Grant and Rudder (2010) clearly identify that "Wiradjuri is not English and it is not English using Wiradjuri words. Wiradjuri is Wiradjuri".
Wiradjuri is free word order language framed by a network of relationships. Recorded since 1838 the reclamation and revitalisation of Wiradjuri language has been the lifes work of Uncle Dr Stan Grant with linguistic support from Dr John Rudder.
Wiradjuri language is made of the following:
- malngidyalgalang (verbs or action words)
- malngidyalli (adverbs or describe the action words)
- mamaldhaany yabuny (conjunctions or joining words, words that join together)
- ngayangidyalgalang (interrogatives or asking question words)
- nguramdhi (demonstratives or people, place and their location)
- yuwin.galang (nouns or names)
- yuwin.galandhi (adjectives or about names)
- yuwinmubandhi (pronouns or about unnamed people)
- Grant Snr, S., & Rudder Dr, J. (2010). A New Wiradjuri Dictionary, English to Wiradjuri, Wiradjuri to English. Wagga Wagga: Restoration House.