Gulbarra Wiradjuri yabunygirryarra.
Grant and Rudder (2010) clearly identify that "Wiradjuri is not English and it is not English using Wiradjuri words. Wiradjuri is Wiradjuri".
Wiradjuri is free word order language framed by a network of relationships. Recorded since 1838 the reclamation and revitalisation of Wiradjuri language has been the lifes work of Uncle Dr Stan Grant with linguistic support
from Dr John Rudder.
Wiradjuri language is made of the following:
- malngidyalgalang (verbs or action words)
- malngidyalli (adverbs or describe the action words)
- mamaldhaany yabuny (conjunctions
or joining words, words that join together)
- ngayangidyalgalang (interrogatives or asking question words)
- nguramdhi (demonstratives or people, place and their location)
- yuwin.galang (nouns or names)
- yuwin.galandhi (adjectives
or about names)
- yuwinmubandhi (pronouns or about unnamed people)